Quote

If I get it all down on paper, it's no longerInside of me threatening the life it belongs to
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd'Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loudAnd I know that you'll use them however you want to~ Anna Nalick

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Resolution

What is 'resolution'?  

res·o·lu·tion n.


2.
a decision or determination; a resolveto make a firm resolution to dosomething. 
Her resolution to clear her parents' name allowed her no other focus in life.
3.
the act determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure,etc.; the act of resolving.
4.
firmness of purpose; the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute
She showed her resolution by not attending the meeting.

I make resolutions every year.  I feel like it's important to set goals to achieve and although it may be cliché, I think the new year is a good time to do it.  There's a fresh start to the calendar, the pressure of the holidays is over, and warm weather is coming, rather than going.  I had resolved to start a blog...awhile ago.  But this year I actually made reasonable resolutions and I kept/accomplished all but one so far.


So, let's try this thing.  And let's set low expectations.  Maybe I'll post once a week, maybe once a month.  I'm pretty sure I'll 'squirrel' (randomly change subjects) often.  Maybe I'll be entertaining, maybe you'll realize you wish you never knew me.  Most of all I feel this should be a safe place for opinions.  Haters will always hate - nothing I can really do about that.  If haters want to read and rant here that's really only a waste of their own time.  As for everything else, I hope some topics prove to be enlightening and enjoyable.  I'm excited to hear alternative views to things.  Sometimes I don't understand why certain debates even exist and I know I have some smart friends who can talk about the alternatives I couldn't see.  

I should do some sort of introduction but I'm not really sure what to say - besides, in the beginning it will likely be just my friends who already know me!  I have a list of things that I'm ready to write about but please feel free to comment below on anything you'd like me to discuss.  I'm inspired by the likes of Richard Roeper, whose Sun Times column was always a fantastic read to me.  There was a point in time where I thought I actually wanted to BE a columnist.  But alas I am an analyst to the core and that's where life has taken me and I do love that also.

For now, I leave you with some words from the mighty Conan O'Brien:
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.



3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you post here, girl! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means a lot to me that you are checking out what I write!

      Delete
  2. Well said. I'm not a fan of resolutions, but I love your perspective on them. I'm looking forward to reading more. Fantastic blog name as well!

    ReplyDelete