Quote

If I get it all down on paper, it's no longerInside of me threatening the life it belongs to
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd'Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loudAnd I know that you'll use them however you want to~ Anna Nalick

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Something Wrinkled, Patriotic and TV

Busy busy busy!!  I've got a lot to catch up on so bear with me.

What's been going on?  How are you all doing with this cold, miserable winter?  How is everyone's purge going?  It's hard, right?  I'm having a hard time with a few myself.  But like you sometimes need to stick your finger down your throat to help get out bad food or too much booze, think about the end result and help yourself out.  Know you'll be better in the end.  And cliche, but TRUE...



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I aged since I last posted.  Getting older is certainly something.  I have more gray hairs than I can possibly keep up with, so thank goodness for my Beash ;)
And apparently I'm going to be the angry wrinkler.  What do I mean??

Not forehead lines:
 Or smiley lines:
 Or smiley eye lines:
 But the angry lines.  I can't really help it, although I'm super conscious of it now.  That's my thinking face.  Or my "I can't comprehend your idiocy" face.  Or my hurt face, or my squinty asian eye face or my sour face or my 'something smells bad' face:
 If someday I end up like wicked happy, toothless, wrinkly halmoni - that will be ok I guess:

Every year I notice new things and I feel like I look older and sometimes it's hard.   But I do want to thank everyone that wished me well and celebrated with me.  Fun times were had :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Olympics end today.  It's a short two weeks, really, but so powerful at the same time.  I hope you were able to watch the opening ceremonies and some of the games.  And damn if those stories with athletes that they profile don't make me cry every time.  And those Olympic Mom commercials.  I'm such a softie!  We should try to not take for granted what an amazing event happens every two years.  Whether summer or winter, what we are watching is the platform where athletes display what they work their WHOLE LIVES for.  And the setting this year was quite stunning.  The foundation is peace and unity and gives nations a chance to cheer for and support their athletes and root for their flag as one people.


Think of how great it feels to win conference.  Or regionals.  And state!  Then to compete on the national level is pretty amazing.  I was able to go to the AAU Track and Field Junior Olympics in Michigan last year and those athletes were amazing.  The meet itself was awesome to watch.  I was so proud of the qualifiers that I was able to bring!  The international circuit must feel like a whole new world and level of competition.  

So, good job, U S A !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just watched the premiere episode of Jimmy Fallon hosting The Tonight Show and while it's fresh in my mind, I want to talk about it.  Please, if you can, watch it.  First of all, excellent job.  I'm so happy to see Jimmy in this role.  The show was funny, talented and classy.  My favorite part was the evidence that Jimmy appreciated every minute.  I know he fought back tears through a lot of that whole show.  I've saved it and I'll watch it again.  

In November of 2003, I went to Hollywood for a bachelorette party.  It was a good time (albeit expensive!) and I was able to go to cool places and see many things.  I stood in line all day and was right in front during the taping of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.  I shook his hand.  Guests were Jennifer Garner, Paul Bettany and Jason Mraz.  I remember Paul being VERY funny and Jason winking at me while he sang "You and I Both".

That still might be my favorite of his <3

Sorry, squirreled.  Point is, Jay was fine, whatever.  The very next year Jay announced his retirement in five years - 2009.  I was ecstatic since:
I did watch the Tonight Show for many years sometimes just as a routine before bed.  However in 2010 with the great debacle....I never watched again.  Say what you will, there are many sides to the story, but I do put a lot of the blame on Jay.  I think he acted like an asshat.  Someone who wears an ass... for a hat.

Conan is strong, funny, weird, silly and he promotes positivity.  His humor and that of his writers is exactly the kind that tickles me.  I think he's a great man.  And yet, he only was able to live his dream for six short months before it was taken from him forever.  Longer than the Olympics, but you get the idea.  During the break and before his time on his current TBS show, he PAID staff members with his own money.  He's just a great guy.  I saw him at the Chicago Theatre in 2006 with guests Barack Obama (Senator) and Wilco.  He brought in Andy Richter and they went for a ride with his desk (one of my favorite skits) and blew up the cow that started the Chicago fire.  There was a tour of Chi town with Mr. T that was absolutely hysterical and if you've never seen it - I pity the foo.  Joe and Andrew and I waited all day in the rain to see that show and it was totally worth it.  Pizzeria Uno came out and gave us free slices and then - the tall, skinny, pale man himself came out.  I was very very close to him and it was fantastic!!

Long live Conan and his humor and his propensity to make people happy and his love of doing so.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to all of you for being in my life and contributing in some way.  On Thursday I have my follow up appointment with the neurosurgeon and after that I'll be updating you all on that situation and giving the background as well.
Hah!  How's THAT for a cliffhanger???

1 comment:

  1. I've watched one or two episodes of Fallon, it's definitely refreshing. Feel similar about Jay, though I was never thrilled about him taking over the tonight show from the start.... I am embarrassed not to have not watched more of the Olympics. I am always in awe and proud. I'm anxious for good news from your neuro!

    ReplyDelete